This straight-sided cup has a rounded base and straight, unworked rim. Both the interior and exterior have traces of treatment with red slip and burnishing/polishing, though much has worn away. The vessel is intact aside from a crack in the bottom of the base.
From Nubia (Sudan) Gebel Barkal, Building B 500 (Great Temple of Amun), Room 504 (chapel). 1920: excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of the Sudan. (Accession Date: August 23, 2006)
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition