In this visit participants will:
· Understand art can be functional and functional objects can be art
· Understand the significance of a Crest
· Connect the objects they see with the art making by making their own crest foil embossing
1. 14 Piece Toilet Service
2. Shaina's Pick: Something with a crest? Or another direction?
241A (it’s tricky to find! Hint: you must enter through 241B)
In this activity participants will make their own personal crest using foil, felt, paper, a pencil, and sticky board.
1. Sketch your own crest, like your own personal logo. What symbols will you use? Why?
2. Place foil on felt, sketch on foil
3. Trace over sketch to emboss foil
4. When complete peel adhesive from sticky board, align, and viola!
Note: The foil and sticky board could be precut using new dicut shapes- a crown? a silohette reflective of the items on the tour?