Cedar wood box for storing canopic jars. Each of the interior sides is decorated with six rows of incised hieroglyphs recording spells from the Coffin Texts. The underside of the lid bears five columns of painted cursive hieroglyphs. Faded inscriptions are present on the outer sides.
From Deir el-Bersha, tomb 10, shaft A (tomb of Djehutynakht). May 1915: excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt. (Accession Date: March 1, 1921)
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
Egyptian, Middle Kingdom, late Dynasty 11 – early Dynasty, 2010–1961 B.C.