The raised vessel, of inverted bell form, has an everted rim and slightly rounded base; the vessel is soldered to a drawn and stepped circular foot rim. The presentation inscription is engraved on the side within a bellflower and scroll cartouche.
Engraved in script on side of vessel "This cup is / Generously Dedicated by the Con / tributors for the sole use and benefit / of the Presbyterian Church and Co / ngregation in Bury Street of which / the Revd. Mr. Moorhead is Minister / N=England. 8br ye 1753" within a bellflower scrolled and foliated cartouche.
Marked "[pellet] REVERE" within a rectangle, above the center point on the base of vessel.
Commissioned by contributors to the Presbyterian Church in 1753, the beaker remained in the church until January 2002, when it was placed at auction at Christie’s, New York. It was not purchased and thereafter sold through Northeast Auctions on August 3 – 4, 2002, when it was purchased by the donors and made a gift.
Museum purchase with funds doanted by Lavinia and Landon T. Clay