The raised bell-shaped beaker with slightly everted lip and rounded base is soldered to a drawn and molded circular foot.
In varied styles, engraved "The Gift of / Mr. Brice and Mrs: Ann Blair / For the Use of the presbytieria / Church in Long-Lane. where of. / The Revd: M. Iohn Moorhead is. / Pastor / in Gratitude to God for / His. Goodnefs. / to them and thiers in a Strange / Land / BOSTON: may 1: 1744. / Set Deo Maxima Laus" within a bellflower and shell cartouche.
Stamped "Hurd" in roman letters within a shaped cartouche below the rim, on body of beaker and opposite engraving.
Brice Blair (d. 1758), tailor, and his wife, Ann Blair (d. 1756) to the Church of Presbyterian Strangers in Long-Lane, later known as Arlington Street Church. Sold by the church through Northeast Auctions, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, on August 3-4, 2002, lot 868.
Museum purchase with funds donated by Lavinia and Landon T. Clay