About 1253 thought to have been made for Isonokami Shrine, Eikyû-ji; after 1868 thought to have been transferred to Tôdai-ji, Nara; prior to 1886 purchased by Ernest Francisco Fenollosa; 1886 purchased by Charles Goddard Weld from Ernest Fenollosa; 1911 bequeathed by Charles Goddard Weld to the MFA.
Japanese, Kamakura period, 13th century
- Chômyô, Japanese, active 1233–1295
Kajima Volume 1: Chapter 1, pg. 10: no. 41 (4)
148.3 x 73.2cm (58 3/8 x 28 13/16in.)
Medium or Technique
One of a set of four panels; ink, color, and gold on silk