Text is in Prakrit. No colophon has been discovered. Most illustrations have two titles or headings, one in red ink, one in black, with nearly identical texts.
Originally purchased from the library of Puj Kripa Rishi, a Jaina priest, Patti, Panjab in 1913 by Ananda Coomaraswamy. Purchased in 1917 from him and given to the MFA in 1917 by Denman Waldo Ross.