Reverse: on top, in Takri, 4 line inscription (to be read). Dated 1904-1847, Rs. 129 and witnessed by somebody. Sketches visible. All this is faintly visible through the mat on which painting is mounted.
Given to the MFA in 1925 by Ananda K. Coomaraswamy.
Gift of Ananda K. Coomaraswamy
Indian, Pahari, about third quarter 19th century
- Attributed to The Family of Nainsukh