One of two large lion figures (this one facing right) in low relief that were probably set into the facade of the Eastern Deffufa. The backs of the tiles show impressions of linen or basketry that was used in their manufacture. See also 20.1224.2.
From Kerma, eastern cemetery, K II. 1913: excavated by the Harvard University-Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA by the government of the Sudan; 1920: received by the MFA.
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition