Obverse: Draped, cuirassed bust of Diadumenian to right. Inscription in Greek around. Reverse: Eagle stands on leg and thigh, wings spread, head right with wreath in beak. Inscription in Greek around. (see media screen for Greek inscriptions)
One of a hoard of coins found in a pottery jar at Gush Halav in Upper Galilee and acquired by Major H. Ophir in Nazareth in 1948; by 1969: with Robert E. Hecht, Jr.; November 10, 1970: purchased by MFA from Robert E. Hecht, Jr.
Theodora Wilbour Fund in memory of Zoë Wilbour