Limestone talatat depicting two servants force-feeding a cow.
From Hermopolis. Excavated by the Deutschen Hermopolis-Expedition between 1929 and 1939 (Roeder, Amarna Reliefs, no.PC 52); by 1963: with Michel Abemayor, New York; 1963: purchased by the MFA from Michel Abemayor, June 19, 1963.
Charles Amos Cummings Fund
Egyptian, New Kingdom, Dynasty 18, reign of Akhenaten, 1349–1336 B.C.
Hermopolis, originally from el-Amarna, Egypt
Object Place for Label
Overall: 22.8 x 52 x 3.5cm (9 x 20 1/2 x 1 3/8in.) Other (Height x length x D): 52cm (20 1/2in.)
Medium or Technique