It is made of yellow fine-grained marble with streaks of red. It has a wide flaring mouth. The base is flat, and the rim is plain. The edge of the rim is chipped. Otherwise, it is complete. The surface is nicked.
By 1909: purchased in Egypt by Joseph Lindon Smith; 1909: on loan to the MFA; 1911: purchased by the MFA through funds provided by Mary S. Ames. (Accession date: August 3, 1911.)
Gift of Miss Mary S. Ames