Painted storage jar, with white slip and plum-colored paint.
From Amarna. 1923: excavated by the Egypt Exploration Fund; awarded to the EEF in the division of finds by the Egyptian government; given by subscription to the Toledo Museum of Art by the EEF; 1925-1993: Toledo Museum of Art (25.773); 1993: sold at Sotheby's, New York, to Peter Lacovara; 1997: given to the MFA by Peter Lacovara. (Accession date: December 31, 1997)
Gift of Peter Lacovara