This statue is made of very poor and knotty wood. The left half is broken off and missing, and the surface is split and rough. The back pillar bears incised hieroglyphs. The man wears a wig and a triangular kilt, only a portion of which remains. The kilt has incised hieroglyphs.
By 1909: purchased in Egypt by Joseph Lindon Smith; 1909: on loan to the MFA; 1911: purchased by the MFA through funds provided by Mary S. Ames. (Accession date: August 3, 1911.)
Gift of Miss Mary S. Ames