This statuette of yellowish-red clay depicts a leaping horse. The support underneath has been partially reconstructed in plaster. There is a chip in the horse's front legs.
From Tanis (San el-Hagar). 1884: excavated by William Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the Egypt Exploration Fund in the division of finds by the government of Egypt; October 28, 1885: presented to the MFA at EEF general meeting. (Accession date: January 1, 1886)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription