Terracotta statuette of a seated dog, wearing a distinctive collar. The dog is the symbol of the healing goddess Gula. The statuette was probably dedicated at a shrine to the goddess.
By 1972: with Nicolaos Koutoulakis, Geneva; purchased by the MFA from Mr. Koutolakis September 13, 1972.
Edward J. and Mary S. Holmes Fund
Near Eastern, Mesopotamian or Babylonian, Middle Bronze Age, Isin-Larsa or Old Babylonian, 2000–1800 B.C.