Egyptian spherical stone vessel with a round base, short neck, and disk rim. It is inscribed for a man named Horheriat, scribe in the temple of Horus at el Kab in southern Egypt.
From Nubia, Kerma. 1920: excavated by the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the EEF in the division of finds by the Egyptian government; voted to the MFA at EEF general meeting; sent over. Findspot Information: From Kerma 325 / 13, February 1914.
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
Egyptian, MIddle Kingdom–Second Intermediate Period, 2000–1550 B.C.