Collection of small mud shawabtys that are uninscribed and crudely carved. They were stored in a wooden box with rounded ends and a lid painted with a representation of a funerary bark. A horizontal hieroglyphic inscription in blue runs along all four sides.
From Thebes, Deir el-Bahari, temple of Hatshepsut. 1895: excavated by Edouard Naville for the Egypt Exploration Fund; 1895: given to the MFA by the Egypt Exploration Fund. (Accession Date: January 1, 1895)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription