Restored in plaster, about two-thirds is original. Inside and out covered with white slip and decorated with concentric circles of black glaze. In the center inside, a large star.
From Naukratis, Temple of Hera. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription