Bronze; corroded; one side and end crushed in; two snakes on top, one coiled and the other straight. From Naucratis.
From Naukratis. 1885: excavated by the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; October 28, 1885: voted to the MFA at EEF general meeting; sent over February 1886. (Accession Date: January 1, 1886 - Deaccessioned: November 17, 1960)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription