This fragment soft, reddish limestone must derive from the tomb of an important military official, possibly Khaemhat. It depicts a procession of warriors bearing shields and bowing in honor of the tomb owner.
By 1909: purchased in Egypt by Joseph Lindon Smith; 1909: on loan to the MFA; 1911: purchased by the MFA through funds provided by Mary S. Ames. (Accession date: August 3, 1911.)
Gift of Miss Mary S. Ames