This fragment of relief once portrayed a goddess in the form of a falcon, probably flying above and prtoecting the king. Only the body of the falcon remains, with an outstretched wing and a claw holding the hieroglyphic sign for eternity. TRaces of yellow paint remain on the falcon.
From Thebes, Deir el-Bahari, temple of Mentuhotep II. 1907: excavated by by Edouard Naville for the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the EEF in the division of finds by the Egyptian government; voted to the MFA at EEF general meeting. (Accession date: Occtober 10, 1907)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription