One side of this rectangular, two-sided placque of light blue glazed faience is decorated with a wedjat eye, representing the eye of Horus. The opposite side is decorated with the wadj hieroglyph.
From Giza, Menkaura Pyramid Temple, room J1 (pillared hall 27, lot c). 1911: excavated by the Harvard University-Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt.
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition