This slender cone resembles similarly shaped loaves of bread. It could be fastened to another object by means of wooden tenons inserted through a series of holes.The inscription concerns deliveries of provisions for the Egyptian troops stationed in the fortress of Uronarti.
From Uronarti Island, Halfa Province, Room F5 of the fort. May, 1924: excavated by the Harvard University-Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; 1924: assigned to the MFA by the government of the Sudan.
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition