A mould-made plastic lamp in the form of a bull's head. The filling-hole, with a moulded edge, is in the centre of the forehead. Behind the filling-hole, between the horns, there was a handle(?). The open mouth serves as the nozzle.
From Naukratis. 1885: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; October 28, 1885: voted to the MFA at EEF general meeting; sent over February 1886. (Accession date: 1886).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription