Creamy white glaze. Hollow ring on four legs, with nine mouths for wicks. On top and sides cross-hatched lines between two stripes. Legs, most of mouths, and other parts restored.
From Naukratis. 1885-6: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription