A mould-made lamp with double-convex body with a sharp carination. Long, flat-topped nozzle with a rounded end, and lines incised on the neck. Small depressed disc which is seperated from the shoulde by a groove. Red clay. No painted decoration.
From Naukratis. 1885: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; October 28, 1885: voted to the MFA at EEF general meeting; sent over February 1886. (Accession date: 1886).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription
Greek, Ptolemaic or Roman, Egyptian, Hellenistic or Early Imperial Period, 1st century B.C.