A wheel-made red-brown, glazed lamp with flattened globular body, two concentric grooves round the filling-hole, no ornament, no handle, and a large, straight-sided nozzle with a flat top and rounded end. Condition: Edge of the nozzle burnt; in good condition in general.
From Naukratis. 1885: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; October 28, 1885: voted to the MFA at EEF general meeting; sent over February 1886. (Accession date: 1886).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription
Greek, Early Hellenistic Period, Late 4th century B.C.