Lamp in the shape of a circular, domed building, with a rectangular opening in front and triangular cut-outs in both dome wall; possibly a model shrine. Suspension loop at top.
From Ihnasya el-Medina (Herakleoplis Magna), House E. 1903-1904: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; 1905: presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: January 1, 1905)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription
Egyptian, Roman Imperial Period, 30 B.C.–A.D. 364