The lamp is made of reddish-brown clay. The disk has five holes and an incised floral design at center. The handle has an incised chevron decoration and the spout of the lamp is at right angle from handle. Blackening near the nozzle of the lamp indicates that it was used.
From Naukratis. 1885: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; October 28, 1885: voted to the MFA at EEF general meeting; sent over February 1886. (Accession date: 1886).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription