The torso remains from below the chest to the knees, with the lower part of the left arm and hand. The surfaces are in generally good condition. Testing in 1999 determined that the material of this piece is gypsum.
From Naukratis. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription