A flat handle on one side. Decorated with two broad rings below, and two spirals alternating with two leaves on the shoulder. Buff clay, pale buff slip, red-brown paint. Cross-hatched "ragnets".
By 1911: Anna D. Slocum Collection (according to MFA list of her loan: bought in Corinth); loaned to MFA, October 11, 1911 (as 1698.11); January 19, 1914: returned to Anna D. Slocum; January 18, 1917: loaned to MFA by Anna D. Slocum (as 31.17); by date unknown: Laura Slocum Collection; gift to MFA from Laura Slocum in memory of her sister Anna D. Slocum, October 8, 1936
Gift of Miss Laura Slocum in memory of her sister, Anna D. Slocum