This box/container, now in fragmentary condition, has a cylindrical shape with three short legs. Top and bottom components are of ebony, and three panels of cross-hatching are indicated as side elements. One leg is broken.
From Abydos, temple M 60. 1903: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the Egypt Exploration Fund in the division of finds by the government of Egypt; received by the MFA through subscription to the Egypt Exploration Fund. (Accession Date: January 1, 1903)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription