These two fitted pieces of ivory form a cylidrical horn protector with concave sides. It shows some small cracking and slight flaking of the exterior surface. Such items were placed over the tips of animal horns (especially those of rams) to protect people from injury.
From Kerma, K2100. January, 1914: excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Sudan; 1920: Received by the MFA. (Accession date: March 1, 1920)
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition