This cylindrical horn protector with concave sides is fashioned of a wooden core. Its exterior is addorned with triangular inlays of ostrich shell affixed by means of mud cement. Such items were placed over the tips of animal horns (especially those of rams) to protect people from injury.
From Kerma, K1086x. March 1914: excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Sudan; 1920: Received by the MFA. (Accession date: March 1, 1920)
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition