Hippopotamus on base which has four holes on either side of the animal. Traces of brown and red paint. Front of base curved upwards at corners.
From Egypt. 1903: acquired in Egypt by Dr. F. R. Martin, Stockholm; by 1948: with Dr. Jacob Hirsch, New York; 1948: purchased by the MFA from Dr. Hirsch for $950. (Accession date: March 8, 1948)
Museum purchase with funds donated by Mrs. Charles Gaston Smith's Group