Obverse: Head of Drusus II, bare, left. DRVSVS CAESAR TI AVG DIVI AVG N, starting low left. Reverse: S C large in center. PONTIF TRIBVN POTEST ITER, starting high right.
December, 1885, discovered by Don Mariano Lazzari at Cerveteri, Italy and sold, through Pietro Pennelli, to Rodolfo Lanciani (b. 1845 – d. 1929), Rome; 1888, sold by Lanciani to the MFA for $491.89 [purchase price for MFA accession nos. 88.345 – 88.530]. (Accession Date: January 1, 1888) NOTE: See Helen Nagy, "Etruscan Votive Terracottas from Cerveteri in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: A Glimpse into the History of the Collection," Etruscan Studies 11 (2008), pp. 101-119.
Bequest of Miss Rebecca Salisbury