Two limestone fragments from the chapel of Mertiotes. Each fragment has two dressed surfaces. Band and sun boat in raised relief. Sun bank with sun disc. Canal sign above. Traces of orange pigment.
From Giza, found in street G 7600, E of G 7650 (originally from G 7650 a). 1929: Excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA by the government of Egypt.
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
Egyptian, Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4, 2575–2465 B.C.