Two fitting pieces of a large lid, each composed of Two joined fragments. Preserves incised decoration; a band of cheverons and a band of alternating triglyphs and blank spaces. Handle in the shape of a pomegranant also preserved.
From Naukratis. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription