This large fragment of a wig is comprised of human hair woven and braided with leather thongs for fastening. Each lock is of two strands twisted together, the ends of which are then attached to a string.
From Deir el-Bersha, 19B chamber debris. May 1915: excavated by the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt. (Accession Date: March 1, 1921)
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition