Outside, forepart of dog(?) in yellow glaze outline, body black with red-brown added; guilloche(?) below. Inside, white line and red and white star.
From Naukratis, Temple of the Dioscuri. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription