This is a fragment of a rectangular polychrome tile. It is made of faience glazed with two colors, a dark blue background with a design depicting papyrus stalks outlined in pale blue-green glaze. Only a very small part of one original outside edge remains.
From Tell el-Amarna. 1891-92: excavated by William M. F. Petrie. Assigned to W.M.F. Petrie in the division of finds by the Government of Egypt; to University College, London; Given to the MFA by University College, London.
Gift of University College, London
Egyptian, New Kingdom, Dynasty 18, reign of Akhenaten, 1352–1336 B.C.