Warm yellow clay; decoration in brown to black glaze, details in fine incised lines. Inside, black; outside frieze of helmeted warriors to right with shields and raised spears. An eagle and a dotted cross in the field.
From Naukratis, Temple of the Dioscuri. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription