Fragment of tile. Light pinkish red fabric; part of a wing modeled on front in lilac glaze, with brown line markings, the feathers plainly modeled. All surfaces are finished except for one end.
From Palace of Ramesses III, Tel-el-Yahudiyeh. 1888: excavated by the Egypt Exploration Fund (EEF); assigned to the EEF in the division of finds by the government of Egypt; given to the MFA by the EEF.
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription
Egyptian, New Kingdom, Dynasty 20, reign of Ramesses III, 1186–1070 B.C.