Part of large cover. Glaze decidely greenish. Decorated with bands and lines in brown, coarsely painted. Interior not painted.
From Naukratis. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888). Pottery register notes that this object was "not on list" (EEF list). Found with P.5992.
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription