A female head in relief. On one side of this the beginning of a frieze, showing the haunches of a lion seated. Interior, black lines on a white ground.
From Naukratis, Temple of Hera. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription