Top of handle. Decoration in black glaze. On the handle a lotus bud and flower ornament pointing in, with small point rosettes; on the rim was a maeander.
From Naukratis, Temple of Hera. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription