Interior is pale reddish mottled color; exterior is decorated with a griffin and a swan, rosettes, etc. in orange-brown; no glaze.
From Naukratis. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription