Fine texture; interior has uniform dull brown glaze; incised Greek inscription on rim, outer surface decorated with alternate dull brown and yellow-brown bands, and an irregular-shaped boss.
From Naukratis. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription