Light yellow-brown clay; unglazed on outside, inside has brown glaze and is decorated with two reddish bands; two grotesque warriors fighting on exterior in reddish brown; incised details.
From Naukratis. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription